Location: England, UK
Salary: £40,000- £70,000 OTE
Job Type: Full Time
Sector: Energy & Renewables
Due to significant success nationally in the solar panel sector over the last few years, the company is creating new regional BDE positions in England covering the North West, East Midlands, South East, West Midlands and London with OTE of £70k + per year.
The role will work closely with the National Business Development Manager to develop opportunities and generate end user clients. It will also involve the design and costing of roof mounted solar panel systems for domestic and non-domestic buildings within the commercial and industrial space.
- Research potential new leads and generate business opportunities for solar PV installations within the Commercial & Industrial sector
- Contacting prospective clients through a variety of platforms i.e., phone, social media, email, and face to face meetings
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with clients, suppliers and strategic partners using a variety of marketing tools
- Evaluate site energy data to determine a suitable system size for PV generation
- Support the preparation of quotes and financial projections to present sales proposals to key decision makers from both SME and blue-chip organisations
- Meet quarterly and annual KPI targets for targeted turnover, providing regular forecast updates and sales figures to the National BDM
- Generate and manage a developing pipeline using the company’s CRM system which is to be maintained daily.
- Participate in trade shows, industry meetings and conferences as a company representative
- Protect the interests of the Company and develop good working relationships with Clients, Consultants, Sub-contractors and Suppliers.
The position will involve regular travel (within your designated territory) to prospect new business and deliver sales proposals.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual who is target driven and adept at developing a successful territory.
Must possess the ability to work autonomously and as part of a collective team, with the communication skills, energy and focus to cultivate and manage a busy pipeline of projects.
In return you will enjoy a supporting and encouraging culture with regular training and personal development.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience within the solar PV industry
- Network of contacts and existing relationships
- Full driving license
- Previous experience of working autonomously (preferred)
- Previous experience selling roof mounted domestic and non-domestic Solar PV projects.
- Ground mounted PV and battery storage experience (highly desirable).
- Ability to deal with complex tasks under pressure
- Battery storage understanding (preferred)
- Clear communicator, confident in communicating and influencing at all levels
- Ability to build relationships and a good rapport with clients to generate confidence
- Ability to interpret PV designs for all building types
- Defined commission structure providing potential (uncapped)
- Company car or car allowance (negotiable) + business mileage
- 26 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Performance Bonus
Sales, Marketing & Retail